Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRAWING SCALE PARAMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.

awillans

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2003
GB
I have a drawing with multiple sheets. The table in the format contains a
parameter for scale (&scale). This shows only the scale for the first sheet.
I would like it to show the scale for the views on each sheet (i.e.
different for each sheet (possibly)).
Anyone know the correct parameter for this. I have tried &view_scale but
this doesn't work. I'm using Wildfire.

Thanx in advance
Andrea

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

THis is the PRO-E HELP definition of view_scale:

Displays a drawing label indicating the name of a general scaled view. You cannot use this parameter in a drawing note. Pro/ENGINEER creates it with a view and places it in notes automatically. You can modify its value, but you cannot call it out in another note.

Am I correct in assuming that you want you drawing sheet to show something like 1:1 2:1 5:1 1:10. I don't beleive this can be done (I'm using 2001).

Obviously you can have the scale note of each view shown, you can delete the SCALE part and move the text to a suitable position. But that isn't exactly what you are after is it?

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Andrea

Typically you want the drawing scale to be 1:1 (this is the set scale for the entire drawing regardless of how many sheets you have), then scale the subsequant view scales as you set the views on each sheet. There are engineering preferences for drawings to be this way. I would make sure your following company/industry standards for what yor trying to accomplish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back