Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawings - Caterpillar Annotation Issues - Not Showing/Not Applying

Status
Not open for further replies.

htjames

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2013
US
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of putting in caterpillar annotations to the SW Drawing file (i know that using caterpillars is not the "proper" way to annotate welds but this is how it is done here)

I have a lot of the caterpillars set up for most of the different drawing views/detailed views already. However, the issue is that I need to make edits to the views and I need to set up the welds/caterpillars again for some of the views and any new caterpillars on any recently created VIEWS are not showing up at all.

I have tried:
Caterpillar on many different edge instances
Caterpillar on different drawing views/detailed views
Caterpillar on newly created drawing views/detailed views
Changing the display style around and changing the scale size (this method worked in the beginning when caterpillars would disappear due to changes to the view's settings)

Caterpillars still work (I can apply new ones to new edges) to the old drawing views that don't require editing.

We have been editing this document very often in the past couple weeks and I feel like making all these edits may have introduced glitches/bugs into the file in some way. Maybe too many caterpillars are hidden from view and are causing some sort of overload? Maybe it has its "focus" set on caterpillars that are hidden from view on some other drawing views due to some buggy glitch, and so its still stuck in that "hidden" from view mode?

If anyone has any workarounds, solutions, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. (Currently, my solution is to manually draw in a hatched box)

-James

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello James,
most likely a View Display setting, poke around the View menu.

some folks that use layers also find the set them on a layer that is set to off.

smilin
Snowshoe2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back