Drum sorting by color 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luza

Mechanical
Jan 11, 2004
PE
Dear Electronic Engs.

I´m facing a problem with an automtive oil drums filling project, running over a live roller conveyor, drums need to be sorted into 4-units same-color groups in order to be palletized. The problem is to find a method to sort them by color, (drums are identical).

I think (is just an idea...) An standard known light beam reflexing on the surface and over a photocell, so drum colors are now readed as current and then comparing those currents anological signals on a PLC.

- Drum: Standard 208 liter, 24"OD, 36" Height.
- Conveying speed: 0.12 m/s
- Environmet: Indoor, but IP 56 is required.
- Color range: Red, Yellow, White, Leaf green, Light blue, Marron, Black.

Anyone knows if this system exist from a known manufacturer?... Any other idea?

All suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Germán Luza F.
(Santiago de Chile)
g-luza@ctcreuna.cl

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most sensor companies make colour detection sensors.
One thing you will to do is control the direct light on the drums and any ambient light sources. Slight variations will cause a lot of grief.

I expect be not afternoon in the solution.
Prefer no aplied color sensor need and the cost.

It can utilize sensor magnetic. In the half case, box they are classified then in these was bonded a sheet of metal, divided in 4 quadrants. (Top/left. top/right, bottom/left bottom/right). And 02 sensors positioned to detect it breaks top and bottom in the journey from the mat. In this way, utilizes the way binary to classify, you will have that we read the cover and use stuff that isolates magnetics some quadrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back