DSP based event timing module design and application question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirtsTech

Electrical
Mar 3, 2015
LV
Hello,

I’m working for an R&D project to develop new series of compact size and low power consumtion event timing modules. We're talking about extreme precision (5-8 ps for single shot) and MHz measurement rates at continuous measurement mode. These modules are used to continuously register time of arrival of input event (pulses), for example, to track laser shot pulse start and stop time. Also a time tagging is assigned to all events (pulses) that allows to calculate also any time intervals between many events (pulses). There is possibility to bind the measurements to a reference timescale (for example to UTC). Preliminary specs are written here: As these are still prototypes, I would like to get your insights and ideas on possible commercial or scientific applications, because necessary technical updates still can be implemented.
Can you please share your ideas, which application has a need for very precise time interval counters with time stamping ability?
Our first prototypes are preliminary designed for integration into modular systems related to time analysis of event (pulse) flow, such as Absolute Gravimetry, Satellite Laser Ranging, LiDAR, 3D laser scanning.
I would appreciate if you could provide any feedback regarding any other potential applications and ideas of required implementation changes in the specs. I’m glad to discuss bright ideas further.
Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Girts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back