Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTL file location

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENTRYDAN

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2005
US
I would like to edit my .dtl advanced drawing set up file and have my file come up automatically when I start Proe. What folder do I need to place this file in?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SentryDan,

Check this thread thread554-102620 it's from the Pro/e forum.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea" Bernard-Paul Heroux

Usually an CAD admin will make a config.pro that will point at a prodetail.dtl that a company will use. If your not the admin, ask the admin if you can modify your local config.pro or prodetail.dtl file before doing anything. If you modify the prodetail.dtl that you admin created, you will be modifying all your coworkers also.

A prodetail.dtl file should be on your local harddrive(s) to copy, don't write over the original just incase you need it again. In your config.pro, change or create: drawing_setup_file N:\prodetail.dtl (the file path should be to your local copied & modified prodetail.dtl file).

You might want to do a detailed search on this forum. I know the topic has come up in the past. Also, if you feel so inclined please create a FAQ on this topic to help other users. thanks

Heckler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back