Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual 19" Screens in Solidworks 2005 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000mustanggtguy

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
Does anybody else have the same problem I'm having when I have SolidWORKS 2005, PDMWorks, and have E-Drawings open on dual nineteen monitors, it crash the other application I have open once I drag it over to my other nineteen ?

This problem only happens with Solidworks applications, I can use Pro-Engineer Wildfire 2.0 one nineteen and have Intralink on my other nineteen.

Printed Circuit Board Designer
Salt Lake City, Utah

No Substitute for american muscle !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have two 21inch CRT moitors running Solidworks 2005 (service pack 1.1). I do not have any problems like you are describing. I had a graphics problem when I first set up the two monitors.

I had to enable OPEN GL to the second monitor with my Wildcat VP990 graphics card. When I first started to use the card it was not enabled. I would see fragmented bits of graphics (would not crash though)on the second monitor.

Check the SW web site. Is your graphics card supported with dual monitors? Pro-E may support, but don't know about SW.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP2.0 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site
FAQ371-376
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-1091
FAQ559-716

Hi,

I'm having trouble working in SW2005 SP2 in dual screen mode, what are your settings? and do I need to enable something in SW?

I'm using a Quatro XGL 750, on the SW WEB site it says that it supports Dual Screen

I don't seem to be able to save my layout....

Thanks

Colombo75

Sr. Industrial Designer

I have the same card and I was told it does not support dual screens. I do not see on the SW site where it says either way.

Chris
ctopher's home site
FAQ371-376
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-1091
FAQ559-716

Dual screen support is mentioned in the View notes section.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Check that your browser isn't blocking Pop-ups.

[cheers]

No blocking this one. IT was here last night messing with my pc. Other problems popped up. I'll check into it tommorrow.

Chris
ctopher's home site
FAQ371-376
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-1091
FAQ559-716

ctopher, CorBlimeyLimey, colombo75, and all of the guys, Thanks for all your help. I've sent a e-mail to solidworks, and the Go-Engineer guys on other side of town, and they said they'll take care of it I guess. But thanks for all your valuable info, I'll drink a 40 for you guys[cheers]!

Printed Circuit Board Designer
Salt Lake City, Utah

No Substitute for american muscle !

CorBlimeyLimey,

Where do I get the "View notes section" that you mentionned....on this site or on the Solidworks Site?

What's the link?

Because I can't seem to find it....

Thanks

Colombo75

Sr. Industrial Designer

Go to
Make your selections for Card, OS, etc & the View notes will be found at the RH side of the listing ... with the icons. When you click on the View notes hyperlink it opens a pop-up, which in turn takes you to

[cheers]

CorBlimeyLimey,

Thanks, that's exacly what I've seen in the past....so my card (Quadro 750 XGL) should be supported in Dual screen.

Do you know what they mean in the JPG when they say
"Also check to make sure the Solidworks Settings is set"

Is there something I need to enable in Solidworks or elsewhere to be able to use SW in dual screen???? this seems odd....

thx

Colombo75

Sr. Industrial Designer

You should have an nVidia icon in the "Startup" section at the bottom RH of your screen. Do an RMB on it and select Application settings then SolidWorks.

[cheers]

I have dual 19's (HP Pavilion F1903) and haven't had this problem (just tested).

However, I have had quite a few other glitches, one of which was only recently fixed in a service pack. The error was, when trying to fill out custom properties in the secondary monitor, the fields (from properties.txt) would not display and could not be filled out. My VAR only realized the problem (more the graphics card than anything, nVidia Quadro FX500) by accident weeks later.

I recommend checking to see what the latest certified driver for your card is, and then set the nView profile to CAD.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back