Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual dimensioning values are the same 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

testarossapete

Industrial
May 1, 2012
US
I just started a new job using Wildfire 2.0 and this company uses inches with dual dimensions in a high low number which is on the top or bottom acording to dimension. Of course the tolerance's are all diffrent too. I am re-drawing hand drawn parts to Pro and I would like to do it right if possible rather than over ride and type in the numbers. I have set, in properties to inches and have dual numbers but they are both the same. I have a lot of models to create, can sombody help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Find a copy of the Detail Drawing Help Topic Collection guide and check your .dtl file or drawing options for settings that begin with 'dual'.
It sounds like you have primary and secondary units both set to inches.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for your reply, it is set to inches on both because that it the way they set their tolerance here. For instance: 12.260
over 12.240 or 3.1355 over 3.1366. I drew the part at the mean which is what comes up when I dimension a feature but I need the numbers done like above both in inches. I did do the @oxxx and it looks fine but I thought there should be an easier way.
Thanks,
Pete

Are you using dual dimensioning or just a high/low tolerance range? Dual dimensioning usually means you are displaying dimensions in 2 unites, inches and mm, for example.

If you want to show your dimensions as high/low limit values, then set the following drawing optons.
tol_display Yes
tol_mode limits

You do NOT want to override the model nominal values with the @oxxxx format!

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back