Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DWG to DGN and objects i cant get rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.

survey101

Civil/Environmental
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have about a month total time on Microstation 8 experience. I use auotcad and land development desktop mostly. I have to take a autocad drawing into Microstation and place cells on top of blocka nad erase the autocad blocks. I also have to chaneg the levels to the right number as well as change linetypes lineweights and patterns. When I am all done there is a problem.

LEVELS THAT I CANNOT SELECT ANYTHING ON, AND NOT SEE ANYTHING ON BUT CANNOT DELET BECAUSE MICROSTATION SAYS THERE ARE ELEMENTS ON THE LEVEL YET.

Please help. I have tried all I can think of, but because I am still a noob there might be something you can help me with please.

Thanks,

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you haven't already check out the followning site:
it is full of info. Sign up is free and you can post a question to Inga. Check out the section on EDG (left hand side) for info on repairing files. Sounds like you have some phantom elements to deal with. Good luck.
Barry

check they are not frozen and or turned off like in acad.
in V8 you just open the DWG without turning it into microstation.
Try open
change to dwg select options look at the options your an Acader they should make sense to you.
alternative is reference the auto cad file draw on top in ustn
then go back to acad remove the acad blocks
go back to ustn and merge the refed acad into the ustn dgn
But only if it needs to be V7 when your done other wise leave as DWG and delete the acad blocks from inside ustn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back