Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dxf file import probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dccd

Civil/Environmental
Feb 19, 2021
SG
I am able to see all lines properly in dxf files. However , when I imported the dxf file into Etabs, some of the lines disappeared. How to resolve this? Tried to resave dxf files many times, problem persists. I am sure that I only have 3 layers in my dxf files, beam, wall and slab

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A couple of quick thoughts would be check if the layers are frozen or turned off before importing. I'm not familiar with Etabs, but suspect it works sim to others where you either have to pick the layers you want or make sure the properties are set correctly. Another option would be to change the layers to another layer that does import.

Seconding the advice about exploding the polylines. Though rectangles work fine, so maybe closed ones are okay. Single line polylines always mess up. If you find a way to contact me, I can send an actual dxf file as an example. Don't know how to upload it here.

It should kind of look like this. No unnecessary stuff that will confuse the importer.
Screenshot_2023-06-05_091131_cfqa9q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back