Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynafocal Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

verymadmac

Mechanical
May 15, 2005
NZ
I have a couple of questions relating the practical effects of in service wear on Lord Dynaflex engine mounts (type I).

Basically the issue is to get a handle on how much the engine moves in the Dynaflocal mounts and what additional movement there is due to wear (this is a GA airframe with a 6 cylinder engine)

Yes I have talked to the Airframe OEM, due to several reasonable reasons the data is unavailable. I have sent questions to Lord mounts haven't had a response yet & need to get this moving.

Does any body have a clean copy of Lord mounts Technical Reference LB-571, I have found this copy but its not that readible

Does the amount of deflection seem to change noticeably as the mounts age (other than the permanent set they take on).

In practice how much is one likely to see the engine amount wear limits exceeded by, before they are replaced even when maintained IAW the maintenance manual?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Sparweb for that.

I was hoping one of the pack rats on this site would have a good copy, this is one of those "incredibly easy" jobs that just isn't when it comes ensuring that one doesn't have to revisit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back