Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Range name and Tab naming conflicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackosieves

Petroleum
Feb 5, 2010
US
I have a spreadsheet with quite a few tabs, each of which is linked to multiple charts. We add data daily and I wanted to have the charts update dynamically. I am in the process of naming the dynamic ranges and found that in order to do so that the names of my tabs needed to have no spaces, dashes, underscores, etc. I was just wondering if this is the case or if there is a way around this. Some of the tabs would be extremely hard to read and tell apart from others without the dashes and spaces.

An example of one of my ranges is below. I'd like to have the tab named FED 34-35H though instead of FED3435H. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help or pointers that you are able to offer me.

=OFFSET(FED3435H!$C$3,1,0,COUNTA(FED3435H!$C:$C)-2,1)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One thing I just thought of would be to create tabs with the names that I want and link them to tabs with the no space naming convention. I could then hide the tabs that have the no space names. That way I could name my dynamic ranges but still have the nice and clean tab names. Could there be something else I could do that would be easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back