Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Reference Visualization Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandB

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2014
US
SOLIDWORKS 2017 includes the dynamic reference visualization feature (
Unfortunately, I am unable to see these arrows regardless of being enabled in the design tree.

DRV_ey4dul.png

I thought the file was bugged but opening the same file on another computer produced the arrows as expected. I am running Windows 7 and the test computer is a Windows 10 machine. Both computers are running SOLIDWORKS 2017 SP 1.0.

I have done the following to no avail:
[ul]
[li]uninstall/reinstall[/li]
[li]checked to ensure dynamic reference visualizations is turned on for the part template[/li]
[li]Tools>>"Save/Restore Settings" to copy SOLIDWORKS settings from working computer to local computer[/li]
[/ul]

After scouring the internet, I am out of ideas.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@CorBlimeyLimey, thank you for your suggestions. As far as I can tell, my Nvidia Quadro 410 is an approved graphics card and I have changed the SOLIDWORKS background back to the bleached default. Still, the arrows do not appear.

That being said, I do not believe the graphics card is the issue because the "other computer" I mentioned is a virtual machine I remote desktop into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back