Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easiest way to replace components in Pro E

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdiesDrakon

Mechanical
Oct 22, 2013
I need to replace a component in an assembly that has a large number of parts attached to it..(75!! ARRGH)

This is the process im following currently.

Disable the constraints on the Component in the definition.

Insert the new component in place.

Hide the old component and replace all dependencies on it with the new one.

This is quite the simplest method i know about, but its really repetitive although its easier than Right click -> Replace component -> by Layout (i loose all my references in this method).

Is there a better method than this?
Im using PTC Wildfire 5.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's the Component/Replace command that will allow you to pick one or more parts. If it is in the same family table, the replacement may be fully automatic. If it is a different model, select the Unrelated option. It should prompt for the matching references on the new part. If it was more difficult, then I would remember it.

You can also have interchange assemblies. Accomplishes pretty much the same automatic replacement as family tables except it works for items that are not part of the dame family. You can even replace a sub-assembly with a single part.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back