Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy to program HMI/PLC combo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNA

Industrial
Dec 10, 2003
CA
Unfortunately i have run into a host of terrible comm issues between 2 vendors - standard rs232 (whatever standard is)

now, i have a linear servo motor controller, ethernet, rs232, windows xp software compatible

i have tried a plc/touch screen (which i am ready to throw out)

A simple 2 character ascii control code that is sent rs232 (3 wires) and hasnt worked no matter what

now i have programming background in C+, slc500, ab, etc
and what i need is a touchscreen that is EASY to program, using verbose commands to do some simple move commands
nothing fancy

any ideas on manufacturers?

thanks in advance

paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out the HMIs from Red Lion Controls. They are inexpensive, easy to use and have communication adapters for almost everything. Tech support has been good to date also.

Giz.

try AdvancedHMI on Sourceforge.com Its opensource all .NET code, Images and almost no programming whatso ever.. but you will need visual studio or visual studio express(free) to use it. I an contributing code for Control Logix and OPC, Archie the Project owner has done an awesome job for DF1 (Micrologix and SLC) as well as TwinCAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back