Easy way to get file location

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI-CAD

Computer
Feb 13, 2009
FR
Hi,

I tried to run the grip program read_file_spec.grx from this thread (thread561-317567) in NX2306 and it works well.

But I didn't succeed to have it launched with the variable USER_RETRIEVE

any idea ?

TIA

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think jpetach's post is the key:

jpetach said:
The reason that the USER_RETRIEVE will not work and that the menuscript post action will work is based on the timing of the respective actions.

USER_RETRIEVE executes the custom program before NX opens the part. This allows the custom to completely replace the NX user interface for part selection if desired and potentially explicitly load parts directly or it can execute custom code and then (optionally) have NX perform the OOTB behavior. So, even if the environment variable is defined correctly the grip program would get executed too soon - there would not be a part open yet for it to modify. (Unless a new, more complex, Grip program were created that performed the file selection, the part open, and the attribute creation)

The menuscript "post" action executes once the part file has been opened where the GRIP program will successfully find part file to modify.

Menuscript is probably the best way to go in this situation.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi Cowski,

I understand, thanks a lot for your answer.

I have just learned that grip programs can no longer be used after version NX2412. So, did you have a vb program to get the same result ?

TIA

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back