Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

EATABS API- How to modify load patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.Moghadam

Civil/Environmental
May 8, 2022
DE
Hi, I'm trying to model a steel frame building using ETABS API with python.
I have defined load patterns, but I need to modify seismic loads and set Auto Lateral Load on User Coefficient and after that, modify C & K factors(Base Shear Coefficient and Building Height Exp.).
I couldn't find related command. Can anybody help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Its been a while since I looked at the API, but I recall it doesn't necessarily expose every single option into an endpoint. So its possible there is no way to do it programatically.

However, if that option is available as a database table, you may be able to use the cDatabaseTables methods to retrieve, edit, and apply the changes that way?

I haven't tried it myself however.

-JA
try [link calcs.app]Calcs.app[/url] and let me know what you think

I've been testing out a little bit of code to try to change the auto lateral load cases, but I am not having any luck utilizing the cDatabaseTables method nor any other methods to get to setting up auto seismic lateral loads.

The "Load Case Definition - Linear Static" table is odd in some of the parameters in the table are definitely items I would expect to input (like Ss, R and Sd1) while others are value I would expect ETABs to auto-calculate.

I have an example of how to use the DatabaseTables method on my github if you want to take a look at the general procedures for editing the database tables.

S&T -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back