Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ECTR Component loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBOLD

Mechanical
Jan 15, 2009
US
We have been using ECTR for 10 years and have upgraded to NX11 and ECTR 5.1 last year.
I have been told that two of our 10 users have an issue with component loading when opening an assembly.
The problem they are having is NX tries to load the incorrect revision of the components.
So their fix is to replace the components with the correct revision each time they open a newly created assembly revision.
I have looked at all their [the two users] settings and they are the same as mine and I can open the same assemblies without issue.
I thought it was an issue with the SITE STANDARDS-> PART NAME VERSIONS in Customer Defaults but they are the same as mine.
Has anyone else encountered this issue and what else could be causing the incorrect revision loading?
Thanks.
Gary Bold
Senior Design Eng.
Littelfuse Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ECTR , i guess, is SAP Engineering Control center.
I have no knowledge of ECTR.

When NX loads from Teamcenter there is a "revision rule" shared between NX and Teamcenter dictating how and what revisions to load.
- there are several revision rules that can be used but one rule is normally set as the default.
Also, one can set up Teamcenter such that it works "Precise" or "inprecise"
In a "precise" world, the BOM stores the Item revision is in use.
In a "inprecise" world, the BOM only stores the Item ID , the revision rule will select the revision-s in use. ( examples : "Released", "released for prototype", etc etc.)

I would guess that there would be a similar mechanism in ECTR ?

Regards,
Tomas

An issue we have seen is people opening files "Load as last saved" vs "Load latest revision" set in ECTR. This was causing major headaches.
We could open up revised asm's some places fine but on other computers it would not. Load latest revision doesn't mean what it implies. If designers aren't "saving up the tree" correctly then this will cause problems. I'd make sure they have it set to Load as last saved and try it.
You can also drag the asm to the "Assemblies" window to check if it is out of revision order by the yellow triangles.

I've only been on ECTR for about 3 years (Teamcenter from 2008 to 2015), UG/NX since 1996 but slowly figuring out the quirks.

I just double checked on an asm I know is not correct.

When I copy it to the assemblies window and select the yellow triangle (far right) the asm stays there and will show the structures that have an issue. Unclick it and goes back to the green ball. The asms/comps with the yellow triangles are out of rev sequence.

When I open the main asm "As last saved" one of the sub asm's revs look like this:
8200 C
8208 A
8207 B
7306 A1
8206 B

Opened "Latest revision"
8200 C1
8208 A1
8207 B
7306 A1
8206 C

As you can see it can open differently. As an NX/TC user I've always opened files as latest revision. ECTR sees this differently. I was opening everything in ECTR as latest revision and It looked correct to me. But ECTR see's this as incorrect by dragging the asm to the asm window and seeing the yellow triangles. the ECTR people told me we need to open "as last saved" but check the structure as I described above. If yellow triangle, fix the asm.

Boils down to someone didn't save up the tree. That's what we found out was our problem.

Ron Bourassa
Injection Mold Design
Molex Corp

GBOLD,

I'm using ECTR 4.6 with NX12.

Have the two users made a change to the Load Options settings from inside ECTR? There's an option to use ECTR's Load Options, or NX's.

NX 9.0.3.4
NX 12.0.1.7 (Testing)
Windows 10

We are in 4.6.11.1v12 and using NX11

It's an ECTR option on the main screen where you work. Should be in the ribbon under the main tabs...System, Edit, Window, Help. That ribbon has four icons then a pull down window...this is where you change it. I would think you would be set up the same way but it's hard to say. Companies customize a lot of things now. I will see if I can find something on-line also.

Ron Bourassa
Injection Mold Design
Molex Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back