Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EdgeCAM Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrmartin

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2005
CA
Our small machine shop will be investing in a 3-axis CNC vertical mill in the near future (option for 4-axis). We're running SW2005 SP3.1, and our main office has licenses available for EdgeCAM.

Anyone with experience with this program, I'm looking for feedback/alternatives. I've noticed that SolidCAM is gold partnered, is it a better product?

At this point with our limited CNC experience I need something easy to use ... button click away but I realize that may be impossible. We will not be hiring a CAM software operator, code will be generated by our design engineers.

Thanks for your comments.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

edgecam is very good i compared it to powermill and mastercam and whilst it doesnt have every feature of the other twoi found it the easiest to get on with, and the more you learn the more versatile it became ,it plugged straight in to solidworks

thats not to say that its the best just that as with any software its what suits you work schedule time and skills

overall i was pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back