Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

editing logo parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

foretmark

Electrical
Jul 14, 2008
US
SIEMENS LOGO 12/24RC...0BA6....LOGO Soft Comfort V6.1.5....

The manual for the above is very unclear on navigation as far as editing an existing program on a LOGO. I have a timer I'd like to change the retentivity on at the LOGO.
After several hours of working with it, I think I'm close. I've made the assumption that you must begin with the output that is affected by the timer you want to modify. (?) So I go into edit mode, and 'select' that output, and choose SF and it shows me a timer I believe to be the one I need. However, it seems each time I go to that output (Q2) it shows me a different block #, usually a number that does not exist in my program. Usually, B2 will be T2, etc....but I get B66 or B77 or B26....all (on-delay) timers (which is the type I'm looking to change). I have no idea whether this is the correct one or not.
Is there a LOGO for dummies, or some document that explains the navigation of this thing in english? Siemens is of no help without a charge and a bunch of red tape. Besides, they irritated me with their surprise upgrade which is not exactly backwards compatible.
Anyways, what's with the block numbers in the edit mode and how do I find the one I need? I've wasted way too much time on this already...

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OH.....and on certain "ok" pushes, there may be a delay of up to a minute! This is ridiculous....I build an 8085 20 years ago that reacted faster than that no matter what you did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back