Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing multiple parts and drafts simultaniously using property manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quazoosl

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2012
NL
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a (quick) way to edit multiple parts and drafts simultaniously in the property manager? Opening all seperate files to define the properties seems quite timeconsuming.

FYI: I'm using ST3 icw Teamcenter Express v5.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You already answered your question - use Property Manager.

If you have a draft file open you can go Properties > Property Manager.
That will show properties for the draft and the part or complete assembly structure.

Alternatively if you want to edit properties for a load of unrelated files (eg a set of draft files)
Just start Solid Edge but don't open a file.
Then from the application icon select Property manager.
From there you can select all the files you want to edit.

This is one reason why we keep all our draft files in a seperate folder.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

I know what to use, just haven't figured out how yet ;)

Allthough your solution sounds great this only works for documents that are on my computer. I'm affraid it doesn't work for the documents in the Teamcenter database. Somehow (allthough I am logged in into teamceter) Solid Edge seems to consider my session as "outside of teamcenter" when I try to use the property manager. When I open another document the property manager switches to "teamcenter mode" and doesn't allow me to add files to the property manager.

I know opening an assembly and then opening the property manager allows me to edit the properties for the parts in the assembly, allthough not the properties of the drafts of those parts.

By now I've found the answer to my own question. This is kind of a backdoor but I find it quite helpfull.

To edit the properties in the property manager whilst using teamcenter you can do the following:
*Get the documents you want to edit in your local cache (Opening them will do that)
*Have solid edge open with no active documents whilst you're logged in in teamcenter
*In the cache assistant 'check out' the documents you want to edit
*Open the files in the local cache with the property manager (sorting using detail view can be quite helpfull)
*Edit properties
*Close property manager
*'Check in' the documents using cache assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back