Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eDrawings Highlighting Save

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricFischer

Industrial
May 14, 2009
US
I work for a mid-size industrial machinery manufacturer in Michigan. I'm not an engineer myself. My degree is in Communications and Public Relations. I, among other things, create manuals for our machines, each of which is custom.

Lately, I've taken to creating interactive electronic manuals with a graphic representation of the machine, that can be moused over to highlight individual components, see their name and item number, and access their drawings and bill of materials. To do this, I use eDrawings, highlight an item, and then pull out a screen shot with screenhunter.

Problem is, no matter how hard I try, the screenshots never cover quite the same area, skipping around by a couple of pixels, which gives the manual a very herky-jerky feel.

I would prefer to save the images directly from edrawings, but it doesn't save the highlighting on a given section. I want the selected section to appear bright green and highlighted in the saved picture. Is this possible?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do an alt+print screen which will capture what you are seeing on the screen in edrawings with the model highlighted. Then paste this image into your image program of choice and crop and save accordingly.

Yeah, I can do that, I'm just hoping to avoid any need to crop at all. Some of the machines have hundreds of sections (Roll wrapping and handling) so it's a tedious process.

Thanks though! That's probably the fastest way for now.

with irfanview, , you can do a batch crop, and as long as your edrawings window stays the same size, you could do something like this:

Alt+Print Screen on edrawings containing your dynamic highlight.
Grab Irfanview window.
Ctrl+V
Ctrl+S -> file name
lather rinse repeat.

Then go to the directory with the saved images and do a batch crop on them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back