Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edrawings + html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niallc

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2002
BE
We operate a WAN in our company (may have nothing to do with the problem though) The ability to save edrawings as .html is a excellent feature however if i try and send this as an attachment to someone within our company i run into trouble. When the attachment is launched the IE6 window opens, then a secutity alert window opens which 'yes' is clicked. Then the following error appears....

Incorrect command line parameters
Windows installer V1.11.1314.0
Copyright 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
Portions of theis software are based in part on the work of independant
JPEG group

I have sent one of these to my home email account and it worked fine. Can't even track this error down at microsoft. Any ideas??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Might help if you let us know the OS of your work and your home computers. Also, we can assume that at work you can get to the Internet if your computer needs the "viewer"?

Mr. Pickles

First guess is that the other computer at work (that you sent the file to) is not capable of installing the driver. Maybe if it is a Win2000 box, they are not logged in with "administrator" priviledges?

You have Windows 2000 Service pack 1 (or better) installed, from the Windows Installer message. There is a Windows Installer v 2 available, but I don't know if that is your problem.

When you try to "open" the file, it is "launching" IE6 right? And IE6 is going to a website to get the "driver right? Is it getting there, and then popping up the message?

Mr. Pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back