Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eDrawings Registration window in SolidWorks 2004 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

usteiger

Mechanical
Mar 31, 2004
CA
Just installed SolidWorks 2004, running under Windows 2000, and installed eDrawings from the CD as well. Now every time I save a drawing (and sometimes when saving a part or an assembly too), the eDrawings Professional registration window pops up. I neither want nor need the Professional version, but find the regular eDrawings to be occasionally useful.

Anyway, I've tried not loading eDrawings as an add-in, tried uninstalling eDrawings, and nothing works; I still get the registration window popping up no matter what.

Any solutions? Or is it already time to reinstall?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you remove Edrawings from out of the registry? Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software - and remove all Edrawings. Also look under some of the sub folders of SW to remove edrawings.

Your post does inquire a couple of questions from me. When you installed, which option did you pick "Solidworks", "Solidworks Office" or "SW Office Pro"?

Also, which one of those three options do you have?

If you don't have Office or Office Pro and picked those during install. Then that is why you are seeing this window pop up. Your Reg code is what activates those add-ins and if your Reg code doesn't match then it will ask you for a license.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Ah, that's exactly it - after doing the regular SolidWorks install, I looked at what was available in SolidWorks Office, so it must have updated the install to SolidWorks Office then.

Anyway, I just did a reinstall from the CD with the regular SolidWorks option (without uninstalling first), and the registration window doesn't pop up anymore, so all is well.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back