Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eDrawings viewer - want DXF to be Black on White 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidGP

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2016
DE
thread559-306918

Gentlemen,

Is this still the word on the question about view colors in eDrawings viewer:
Lots and lots and lots of AutoCAD users are used to looking at black backgrounds with white lines in Model Space. I suspect that is why eDrawings is the way it is.

I.e. is there still no way to change those colors, for example to black on white?

What's more, if I view a 3-D model using eDrawings viewer, it is white on gray and barely visible...

Additionally, in the thread referenced above, Draftsight was recommended as an alternative to eDrawings viewer. However, it seems that Draftsight only handles 2-D models. If I also have to deal with 3-D models, should I resort to nanoCAD instead?

I am not doing CAD myself, I am only receiving models and slightly modifying them, most of the time taking out lines and stuff.

Thanks already for any hints,

David.P

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks but I'm not talking about color but about the files being displayed in white on black (or even white on grey).

I'd rather look at them black on white instead.

This is a property of your viewing program, not the file you export. AnnaWood's recommendation to use DraftSight is a good one. It's a very capable software and you can edit DXFs as well as view them. Unfortunately because of this it hogs more system resources than eDrawings. Alas, this is not what you asked for.

To change your eDrawings viewer to show white paper and black lines, go to Tools > Options > CHECKMARK "Override Paper Color" and click black button, then select white from the palette.

Hi and thanks for the replies.

To change your eDrawings viewer to show white paper and black lines, go to Tools > Options > CHECKMARK "Override Paper Color" and click black button, then select white from the palette.

Duh. Now I got white lines on white paper...
Is there any chance to get, of all things, black lines on white paper in eDrawings viewer?

Further and again, what is the word on this question:

Additionally, in the thread referenced above, Draftsight was recommended as an alternative to eDrawings viewer. However, it seems that Draftsight only handles 2-D models. If I also have to deal with 3-D models, should I resort to nanoCAD instead?

Thanks once more,

David.P

I don't know what to tell you in that case. Mine were showing as white on black when I had my background as black, and the lines automatically changed to black when I changed the background to white. I haven't found a setting to override the line display color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back