Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

effect of element distortion on aspect ratio 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeetakhan

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2011

hello every1..
i have a impact problem...in which the impact region of the target when meshed gives warning about some elements...also the aspect ratio was not going below 1.2...since impact region is my critical region so i want to reduce the bad elements in it...it will also improve the aspect ratio i guss...please give ur suggestions how can i do the same...also i m getting the warning msg while running the progran...
"166 elements are distorted. Either the isoparametric angles are out of the suggested limits or the triangular or tetrahedral quality measure is bad. The elements have been identified in element set WarnElemDistorted".

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks for the reply...but that will allow me to change from c3d8r elements to any other...n these types of elements r best suited for stress/displacement analysis...so is their any way of improving te geometry curvature...or any thing else...

...though by ur idea of middle axis algo...the warnings has reduced to zero but the aspect ratio has increased...how to control that sir...or reduce the aspect ratio... thanks 4 ur reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back