effects of space radiation on material by simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarun1993

Aerospace
Sep 27, 2014
IN
Hi
iam intrested to know is it possible to simulate space radiation in abaqus , is it possible to simulate radiation from sun , charged partices on to a material in abaqus . if so how ?? iam a begginer in simulation can anyone please help out

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

tarun1993...

Are You familiar with NASA satelite LDEF Long Duration Exposure Facility [LDEF] experiment? This was an experiemnet that was forced to run for many years years longer than expected, due to the Challanger disaster and shuttle mission scheduling. I presume the LDEF experiment yielded a treasure trove of materials data relevant to long-term material exposure in Earth orbit.

A lot of what You are asking was accomplished during that mission experimentally. I suspect that many research papers have been written quantifiying the LDEF results for each of it's experiements; and, perhaps, some analytical methods were evolved to describe exposure effects for various materials [organics and inorganics].

NOTE. Some of the results may actually be confidential/secret... in the national interests of the the USA

Regards, Wil Taylor

Trust Me! I'm an engineer!

Trust - But Verify!

We believe to be true what we prefer to be true.

For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible.

Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant – "Orion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back