Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIT Exam Afternoon Session Question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinelli21

Electrical
May 31, 2005
US
For the EIT Exam afternoon session, should I take the general test or discipline specific (EE)?

I'm an EE who has been out of school for 5 years. I'm taking the EIT in April. I've been studying using the Exam review book by Lindeburg. I am thinking that the general test in the afternoon would be better since most topics are covered in the review book. Has anyone used that book? Are the afternoon session questions similar to what is in the book?

What are the questions like in the afternoon session? Any help or information about each session is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I took the EIT last semester and, in the afternoon, took the general test as an EE. I found the morning section to be very easy (I got done in 1.5 hours out of 4 hours) and the afternoon to be extremely difficult (got out with not much time to spare). I recommend taking the specific exam if you are good at the control systems/info systems side of EE, otherwise spend a lot of time working the more difficult general problems. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back