Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elastomer modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence1

Materials
Sep 7, 2005
HK
I would like to do the modeling of elastomer (compression) with Marc software. But I just have uniaxial tension and compression test results of the elastomer. And there is the problem of fitting the parameter in the model. I use Mooney-Rivlin model. But the parameter after data fitting becomes negative (C10 or C01 becomes negative). This then cause errors in the modeling.
Can anyone tell me which model will be best for this kind of modeling? How to slove the parameter problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Silence1,

I have performed elastomer modelling with MARC using the Mooney-Rivlin model and found no problems but then the M-R parameters were derived for me. I know our tests were conducted for both uniaxial (tension and compression) and shear and compared with M-R "models" created in a spreadsheet rather than using the internal MENTAT parameter calculator. That way you can adjust parameters to optimise the response for the particular loading you have. I'm afraid I can't provide any examples due to company confidentiality.

Status
Not open for further replies.