Electric Vehicles Charge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinbleu

Electrical
Feb 18, 2022
BR
Greetings everyone

I work at a company that sells chargers for electric vehicles and I’m working on the electrical projects.
The chargers I work with, are alternating current (AC) and the main mode here is a three-phase installation 220 V, at 7.04 kW with a current of 32 amps.

If the system only had three chargers (Q01, Q02, Q03), the current for each would be 32 amps.
Using a simulator, when adding the fourth charger(Q4), the current goes to 84 amps and I wanted to understand why.
I tried to draw the three-phase circuit to make an equivalence of loads, but I couldn’t get to that value.
Does an electric car behave like a delta or star load?

Capturar_xenjum.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it 220 V phase-phase? If so, 32 A line current would be 32 * 220 * sqrt(3) / 1000 = 12.2 kVA
Your loads are connected delta. You could connect them star if you had a neutral. Your diagram shows four single phase loads connected phase-phase and will be unbalanced. You could add up the currents vectorially to determine the line currents.

From what I've seen, you have a choice of plugging 120 V or 240 V single phase into your electric car or using a DC fast charger. I assume that you are making a DC fast charger that is powered by three phase AC. I think you would use a wye connected three phase bridge rectifier. Input would be 220/380 or 230/400 V in IEC land; 120/208 or 277/480 V in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back