Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Electrical assembly training

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmore

Electrical
Feb 4, 2011
US
We are hiring some new employees to do machine wiring and electrical enclosure assembly, as well as, machine testing and troubleshooting. I am looking for ideas to send to our production manager for outside training. The topics would include wiring and cable assemblies, control boxes, electrical boxes, machine wiring, troubleshooting, safety.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rmore, are you a commercial business or do you do business with any NASA or US Navy related customers. Both NASA and the U S Navy have very strict training programs where all employees are systematically trained, retrained, and certified to perform any work like you describe in your post.

One of my past jobs was as the manager of such a training program with a major defense contractor near Washington, DC.

I have to assume you are working with AC not DC equipment. One possibility might be to search "Electrical Training Alliance" on the internet. This training group collaboration between the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union(IBEW) and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) might be a possibility for you. The IBEW does represent workers in a factory setting, I used to be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back