Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electrical Codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajawaqar

Electrical
Sep 11, 2003
US
Are there any websites avaiable which have electrical codes on it or we have to buy books for that? I am specially interested in codes applicable in Canada.

Cheers!

Waqar
Edmonton. Canada

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CSA stanadrds are not published free anywhere (at least not legally). If you are doing anything electrical, you should at least have your own copy of the Canadian Electrical Code, C22.1. More specific electrical standards are C22.2 #xx and other numbers. The catalog is on-line at

Since you are in Edmonton, you can visit the local CSA office for advice. Hopefully, they will let you look at standards before you buy them. Nothing worse than spending a few hundred bucks on standards that are of no use to you.

A local technical library (university or tech school) may have CSA standards in their library.

Gotta buy em -- that's the only way that the code publishing companies make the money they need to stay in business and continue improving the codes.

I've heard a theory floated that since codes are adopted into law, and the law is supposed to be freely available to the people, that codes should therefore be freely available. But I don't think anyone takes that theory too seriously. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back