Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electrical Engineering Curriculum of 100 Years Ago 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakonos1984

Electrical
Mar 29, 2013
US
Somewhere a couple years back I read an article describing a typical Electrical Engineering curriculum in the old days. It pointed out that core courses taught then (Power Systems, Machines, etc) are typically electives today.

I would LOVE to find that article again for a talk I'm giving to a bunch of students on Tuesday. Has anyone else ever seen that article?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have not seen that article.You may be able to get some details if you can get access to Electrician magazine published from England in late 19th centuary and early 20th centuary.I attended electrical engineering degree course 50 years back in India and my first boss attended the same course 85 years back in London,UK.First two years of the course was common for all disciplines of engineering.Basic electrical engineering was one of the subjects in second year. Last three years covered such electrical subjects as Electric Circuit Theory, Power system Analysis, Electric Machines,Telecommunications,Machine Design,Traction and electric power utilisation.Electronics was an elective for the last year !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back