Electrical Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lya744

Electrical
Jul 4, 2024
MA
Hello everyone,
I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project focused on the study and sizing of electrical installations as part of my engineering internship. If anyone has previous experience or has worked on a similar topic, I would greatly appreciate your insights and would welcome the opportunity to connect.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you're open to discussing your experiences or sharing advices.

Lya,

That's far too big and broad a topic area. You're going to have to be much more specific for anyone to provide useful information.

Internship with who? Doing what? - design, manufacture or installation? Where? size, power, voltages all matter.

"Electrical installations" is far too vague. 400kV OH power lines or 120V domestic wiring?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

LittleInch,
Thank you for being interested,
I will be addressing the study of the lighting system in a part of the company, followed by the sizing of the electrical installation using Caneco BT software. This includes examining the power balance of electrical equipment. I am seeking theoretical sections that can help me better understand these aspects. (the company specializes in IT and network security solutions)

In Canada that would be "Section 8 — Circuit loading and demand factors".
In Canada, if it doesn't comply with Section * as a minimum, it is not code compliant.
If your company specializes in IT, it may be well to check if the software is appropriate for your jurisdiction.
For lighting in Canada, Provincial Factories Acts specify minimum illumination levels.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back