Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electrical Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire2Day

Electrical
Apr 30, 2001
US
Are there any good places where you can download electrical specifications that you would give a vendor to design a control system or build a panel. I'd like to write one but would like to get some examples.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, Google is a fairly rich source...

After typing the words [blue]control panel specification[/blue] into Google I got quite a few hits. The first one was which even comes in a nice Word format for you to hack about. It's slightly out of date but not a bad basic spec. If you have a specific industry or jurisdiction that you are considering then you'll have to share that information with us. [wink]

Thanks for your quick response!
That is the type of thing I'm looking for. From my earlier days I had some nicely done ones from some larger Companies(such as General Motors, Catipillar etc.) but have since gotten out of date. I'd like to get one focused more on Industrial Control Systems in the Automotive industry using servo motors/drives, PLCs, HMI's, Computers etc. Safety will probably be a section I'll have to work on as it always changing.
Thanks again for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back