Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELF occurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

holo

Electrical
Jul 3, 2006
US
I have been asked to investigate an ELF occurance. Several offices in the building are located above a 3 phase 460 volt transformer. Their computer screens flicker intermittenly during the day. The highest reading I got was 85 Gauss on a Extech 480823 electromagnetic field meter.
I have not found a yardstick to make a determination as to what's good or bad for human habitation.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help,
Phil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no scientific data showing that EM fields have any effect on human health.

Flat panel displays will not flicker in EM fields.

The worst thing to do is worrying about ELF.

There are no physiological effects that can, or does, harm human or animal organs or tissue.

That has been proven many, many times. And still, the nervous types are saying "Need more research". How much more? Ten times? Hundred times? The results will still be: There are no problems with ELF. I have been following this "meta-problem" for more than two decades. And all I can say after all these years is: The problem is in some individual's brains. Not IRL.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

I agree that there is no problem with elf and the human body. I, myself, have been frequently subjected to strong electromagnetic fields for years with no harmful effects. Maybe this issue will subside in this office. Thanks for all the comments.
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back