Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ellipses in 2d exchange on NX 4.0.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCMartist

Marine/Ocean
Jun 20, 2006
FR
Hi everyone,

I use UG (on a PC with XP) for 5 years now, and frequently need to export the drafting to autoCAD (we do have the 2d exchange license). I have to say I often struggled a lot on that, first to get what I want in drafting, and then to get the same on autoCAD.
I noticed some great improvements on the last versions of NX (3&4), and maybe I learnt the tricks, but there is one thing very annoying that appeared:
Ellipses which are fine in drafting get all messed up in autoCAD: they extend and trim arbitrarily. The problem is not in the 2d exchange process but in the DXF/DWG export. I tried to export DXF and DWG for all autoCAD versions and the problem is still the same.

Does anyone face the same problem? If yes, any trick to get the ellipses in the right place?

I know that UG policy is to say that they are not responsible for problems in AutoCAD, but as it is the standard for most people involved in drawing, it would be very much appreciated if they could improve a bit the communication between the 2 programs…

David

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"AutoCAD... the standard for most people involved in drawing"?
25 years and I have yet to work where AC is used. I don't think I'm the exception. I am sure it is different in industries such as civil engineering, where your statement is probably true.

TCMartist
The problem was solved in Nx3. 0 any supversion they done.
We had this problem,too. We opened a pr. on this.
An other way to get dxf from Nx is to do it from CGM.
From the Sdi Plot tool into a batch with hp2xx from hp2xx into
dxf or pdf or svg.
uwam2ie

This is true ewh, I may have been too radical in my statement. I don't particularly enjoy working on AC but as a matter of fact, in my field (naval architecture, this is the main exchange format and I hhave to deal with that.

unwam2ie, thanks for your answer. I may not have understood so, do you say that you HAD the problem on NX3 and that it is sorted? are you still using NX3 or did you switch to NX4?
I did not have the problem until I switched to NX 4.0.3.3. I'll try the CGM solution.

DAvid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back