Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EM systems A6110 antenna specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgler

Electrical
Dec 10, 2003
US
Does anyone per chance have data on the gain of this antenna EM systems A6110 is written on the antenna. I did a Google search and didn't find it.

It's a quad ridged 0.5-2 Ghz horn that I borrowed from a friend. I have incorrect gain info. It's about 3-10 dBi gain.

Thanks,
kch

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do know the test method, but I don't unfortunately have other standards that cover that range with known gain. I have a dipole that's adjustable, but no other antennas.

We also can calculate it accurately, but that takes a bit of effort to measure it's dimensions and analyze it on HFSS.

Just curious if someone knows of a source.

Does anyone know what company bought EM systems. I think it was purchased twice.

kch

As I understand it, the 3-antenna method doesn't need ANY standards. You could use any other two antennas provided they cover the frequency range and they're stable. Three unknowns and three equations... Time to break out a couple of old coat hangers? ;-) Last resort I guess.

I hate it when companies get bought and sold so many times that the legacy support drops off to zero.

dBd normally means dB gain relative to a standard dipole. In other words, modestly discounted by 2.15dB relative to dBi. dBi is too esoteric and boastful for some, thus dBd.

Hey thanks! Now it makes some sense. I actually do have a set of adjustable "standard dipoles" that I sometimes use in the 10-1000 MHz band. Now I can have a fancy acronym for the measured data!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back