Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emdedment length for epoxy bars 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chekre

Structural
May 8, 2013
BE
Hello guys,
I have a reinforced concrete wall already built.
 I want to anchor top and bottom reinforcement for the landing of a staircase. The wall is assumed as pinned and it is a non seismic region. What is the required embedment length for epoxy bars ?
Thank u.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Call or search a website of an epoxy bonding material manufacturer and they'll explain how to calculate this. It's a major pain, too lengthy for an answer here. Hilti is good.
There are some rules of thumb, but I don't want to ruin all your fun.

A Hilti product guide will supply most of what you need. If you chip a bearing seat into the wall, it's pretty straight forward. If you do it as a shear friction connection you are technically supposed to develop the dowels for Fy which can be tough.

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

A bearing seat is just where you chip a ledge into the wall to provide a little direct bearing for your slab.

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back