Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emptying a tank on HYSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abirus

Petroleum
Jun 22, 2021
DZ
simulation_memuu3.png

Hello, after multiple attempts to empty five tanks in my HYSYS simulation, I could't do it. The tanks are filled with oil to a level of 80%, the valve of filling is fully closed, and the valve of the emtying is fully open. I installed a PID Controller, and i chose as a set point 5% than 50% but the level of the oil in the tanks remains the same?

Is there any idea or action to take in order to empty the tanks? Thank you.

PS: the filling works perfectly, only the emptying that doesn't work.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Somewhere for the fluid to go?

A drawing or schematic in hysys might explain what is wrong

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

So are you sure that you got all the elevations right and didnt set one so high that there is no outflow? I seem to remember that setting the levels for the tank and getting the datum right is a little tricky...

--- Best regards, Morten Andersen

MortenA yes I did, I set the inlet at 1m (which is the case in reality) and the outlet at 0.5m.

pierreick good point, I will try it and see.

Abirus,

Pierreick makes a great point. When building a large and complex model, it is good practice to stop periodically during the model construction and test recently implemented changes to ensure they are working. Though this may involve some extra work to set up and deconstruct the necessary blocks for testing, this helps immensely when troubleshooting and ultimately saves time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back