Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EN 10269 Standard - Minimum Tensile Strength Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX_2156

Mechanical
Nov 18, 2022
CA
Hi,

I need help with interpretation of the EN-10269 standard in terms of the material properties.

I require the minimum tensile strength of the superalloy material, X6NiCrTiMoVB25-15-2 (1.4980) at 200 degC. Now the standard, provides values from 400 degC (720 MPa) onwards but leaves the 50 degC to 350 degC fields blank.

I am not sure if the blanks means that test data at those temperatures are simply not available or if its that the tensile strength from 50 to 400 degC should be assumed the same? I note that at room temperature (20 degC), the stated tensile strength is 900-1150 MPa. There's no explicit explanation of the blanks within the code hence the confusion. In some instances, they mention that values were derived from linear interpolation but it was not done in this case. In addition, they have data available for the material's 0.2% proof strength for the full range of temperatures (50degC to 650 degC) hence its weird that they dont have it for minimum tensile strength.

If I interpolate from what data is avaialble, assuming a logarithmic function, I get a value of about 755 MPa at 200 degC.

Please can anyone provide guidance on how to interpret the blanks or a more suitable way of deriving the tensile strength value at the elevated temperature of 200 degC?

The data for this material is available in:
1.4980_Tensile_Strength_nnmrfq.jpg

Kind regards,
DDC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That means the economical use of this material mostly above 400 degre C. You may be able to use cheaper materials at lower temperatures.

If you must to use this particular material you may be forced to use 400 degree values at liwer temperatures unless there is clear instructions available.

755MPa is extrapolating, not interpolating. The codes I've worked with only allow interpolation. 200C for this material is not considered an elevated temperature.

Up to 400C your min tensile strength is 720MPa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back