EN 60204 , 418, and 292 - need info 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joser

Industrial
Nov 22, 2002
US
hi all;
i am looking for details on the EN standards of safety of machines. more specifically, im looking for the documents 60204 part 1 , 418, and 292 part 1 & 2. I have searched desperately all over the internet, but all i find are sites who want to sell each portion for 50 bux a pop...

if anyone could be of any assistance or point me in a direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
joser

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

EN 60204-1 usually runs about $250-300$ and if you have electrical circuits in your machine, you'll need it and probably have to buy it. I wouldn't buy EN 418 unless your designing the E-stop actuator, it's not necessary for machinery evaluation. For a proper machinery Evaluation you will need 98/37 EC Annex I of the machinery directive, EN 1050, EN 292-1/A2, EN 292-2, EN 294, EN 349, EN 811, EN 954, EN 60529 and EN 982/EN 983 (Pneumatics/Hydraulics) if it applies. If you have any type of Lasers like Bar code readers you will also need EN 60825. You will also need to provide EMC testing and that is another batch of standards that most EMC laboratories will have on hand. EMC standards do not give you design information, it only describes the testspecs and setup. These are the minimum standards required for an evaluation and depending on specifics like lasers other standards could apply. If you have never been through the process of CE certification I recommend you get help.

If you need help let me know !! Christopher Caserta
ccaserta@us.tuv.com
Ph:904-225-0360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back