Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Encountered Problems 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmarchy

Electrical
Nov 4, 2010
GB
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what problems they have had with SolidWorks.

No particular version, although 2006 onwards to the current version would be handy.

Have any of the problems with earlier versions been fixed in later releases? Are there any fundamental issues still present with the latest version?

I'm looking for the problems with solidworks directly from the people who are using it, so that I can make an informed decision on whether to go down this route.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Every version has problems. Whether you encounter them or they are an issue for your company depends on what parts of the software you use.

If you are looking for perfect software you will never find it.

If you really want to see if the latest version of SolidWorks fits your needs, get a demo and trial version to drive on your own models with your own workflow to decide for yourself.

We can only guess as to what will work well for you. Especially since you have told us nothing about what you do or how you use your current verion of SolidWorks.

Anna Wood
Xeon W3680, Nvidia Quadro 4000, 12 Gb RAM, WD Velociraptor, Dell U3011 Monitor
SW2011 SP1, Windows 7 x64

Biggest problem is I don't get paid enuf . . . .

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2010 SP 4.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back