Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End conditions - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMurillo

Civil/Environmental
Dec 11, 2009
US
I'm a relatively new InRoads user. I am working on a levee template and I need to have the top of levee (which is a point at the CL crown) have 2 end conditions - one for the right side and one for the left. I can't figure out how to do this - I only know how to apply 2 end conditions to a segment, but the top of my levee is not flat. When I apply an end condition for each side, the template only draws one side when I run it through. Please help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Without seeing your Template is difficult to check. But let me guess. You can have different End Conditions for the Left and Right of the Levee. Let's say the left side end condition to the bottom of the pond is a contstant -50.0%. Make sure the end condition for that side has "End Condition is Infinite" checked on. That ensures it will target the DTM. On the right side end condition let's assume a 50.0% cut or fill. Your end condtion has "priorities" set, 1 for fill and 2 for cut. Therefore it will always check for fill first. In the template library try doing a "test template" to make sure this priority works. Make sure the end conditions have been entered to have enough horizontal distance to daylight.

Also, make sure that when you attach your end condition to the template that you use the reflect option.

In The Roadway Designer, make sure the existing dtm is the target prior to creating the model.

HTH,
Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back