Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

endpoint wrongly shared by multiple entities

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshaffer

Computer
Jul 17, 2006
US
Whenever I try to do an extrude cut I get the message "endpoint wrongly shared by multiple entities". How do I find the endpoint that is wrongly shared?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I turned auto-solve mode back on and I'm still getting the same message. The sketch is very large. I'm not getting any information on what points are wrongly shared.

The message says "The sketch can not be used for a feature because an endpoint is wrongly shared by multiple entities". I have selected Cut-Extrude from the drop down box. I am attempting to make a Cut-Extrude feature from the sketch.

I took a look at your sketch. You have multiple upon multiple of doubled lines in your hexagons. The function that you've been pointed to already will find each instance of doubled lines. However, it will only find them one at a time. You'll have to run that function 60 or so times to find all the errors in this sketch. I would start over if I were in your shoes, looking into the "fill pattern" to pattern a single hexagonal hole rather than sketching them all. I assume you're running 2006 as I didn't get an upconversion warning when I opened your file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back