Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Energy Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrevdoog

Structural
Sep 1, 2004
US
This question addresses the IECC2003 Energy Code, though i didn't find any forums concentrated on this topic i'm just hoping someone would give me some insights on my task at hand. My question surrounds the house that can't pass the SHGC requirement for windows (because the previous owner took off the compliance sticker and the manufacturer is not familiar with the energy requirements), the house has 25% window and door opening to exterior wall. By the code i can use default values of the SHGC and U-factor for the windows but they are high. The only solution i could think of, aside from replacing all the windows, was to apply window films. I got the specs on the films from a manufacturer complete with the SHGC and U-factor values but i'm not sure if these are to be multiplied to the default values.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So who affixed the compliance stickers?

Jeff

Jeffrey T. Donville, PE
TTL Associates, Inc.

The views or opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back