Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Energy saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esha2012

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2012
AE
Hi Everyone,

I heard of an energy saving device called "XXXXXX" to be used in conjunction with existing air cooled HVAC systems(As a retrofit)which can give as much as 20% saving on energy.They claim in water cooled systems 8%.no moving parts at all.I saw some of the testimonials also .Is there any such device which can save this much electrical energy without deteriorating any performance of the system?Is it advisable to fit ?
Expecting valuable replies from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this the one that's been posted a couple times using hotter cooling water to improve efficiency?

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Yu can contact the manufacturer company and discuss with their application engineers, they would be happy to help you and this is their job.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Does it use water maybe? evap cooling on a dx condenser would get you saving like that....
water on a condenser that isn't coated correctly will rot the coil.
I have a timer that can force your AC off for 12 minutes an hour, thats a 20% saving right there no?

Waramanga, your timer sounds like a winner and with a bit of adjustment it would be possible to give you 100% saving.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back