Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enovia Viewer Launch File Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzecha

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2016
US
I am troubleshooting an issue on a computer that has an Enovia Viewer installed on it and would like to know what the difference between using CATSTART.exe or DMU.exe to launch Enovia is.

They both utilize the same license, which is a DM1 license.

CATSTART.exe opens a Catia titled window that allows me to open parts in separate windows from a product.

DMU.exe opens an Enovia titled window does not allow me to open parts in separate windows from a product, it gives an error stating "No Editor Associated".

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CATStart.exe is a utility that launches a specified environment for the Application [CNEXT.exe (CATIA), DMU.exe (DMU Viewer), etc].

You can see an example of these be inspecting the launch strings of the default Launch Icons produced by the installations of each product.

I figured that part of it out, I was trying to find out why an Enovia installation would use DMU.exe launcher instead of CNEXT.exe?

This computer only has Enovia installed on it, but has a CNEXT.exe file in its directory which launches Catia that allows me to specify my environment and use the same basic DM1 license our Enovia is setup to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back