Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enphase Inverters / Step-Up Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFerguson

Electrical
Nov 10, 2003
US
Utility transformer 13.2kV-480Y/277V (wye-wye). Enphase inverter output 208Y/120V; have in-stock a 45kVA 208Y/120V-480V delta transformer.

For a normal generator, would assume we would not parallel services; however, the inverter sine waves are controlled by the utility, so would they even care about the phase shift?

Would this configuration work or do I need to stick with wye-wye?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Probably should specifically ask the serving utility. Could be that they would require a wye-wye or even delta on the 208 side and wye on the 480.

I agree and am waiting on their response. Interesting thing is these units are not really generating their own sine waves and simply track whatever they "see", so the phase shift may not matter from an operational standpoint.

System is supposed to be balanced and the inverters have ground-fault protection. Would think this would be sufficient on this separately derived system in this case. You would have a better feel for utility protocol than I - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back