Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Entering / Leaving CHW vs Supply Air Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskhan14

Mechanical
Dec 3, 2011
AE
Hi All,

Hope you're all good.

Please see the below query along with an example for clarity:

In a chilled water system, supply and entering CHW temperatures for the AHU are 5 and 12 degC respectively. 

Room temperature setpoint for the space shall be 22 degC and return to AHU can be considered 23 degC (no mixing air temp rise).

Total supply air can be assumed to be 4000 L/s.

Query - 1: In such case what will be the ideal supply air temperature and how will that be calculated considering the heat exchange / transfer between CHW and supply air? 

2. What parameters can be controlled in order to vary the supply air temperature and how would I know the range of supply air temperature that I can achieve for above scenario?

Looking forward for your expert advance!!

Thanks in advance..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well to my knowledge I felt I have given pretty detailed information for a professional to understand and resolve the query.

No idea what further information you need for a professional appropriate / related response for the question..??

If your coil is sufficiently designed, you can achieve exit air temperature of 10 deg.C. The supply temperature depends on your sensible and latent heat loads. A control valve, chilled water side, is good for your temperature control. This is just basic information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back