Entering stress-strain diagram for compression and tension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

compabaq

Materials
Apr 25, 2008
BE
Hi guys,

I would like to enter the entire stress-strain diagram of a plastic. This diagram is different in uniaxial compression and tension. I have the entire stress-strain diagram available for both, and I'm not worried about what happens in the other directions when the material yields. I do not want to create two separate materials in my simulation, as this workaround would not work for me (because I can't predict exactly where compression and tension will occur).

How should I implement this in Abaqus?

Kind regards,
Comp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you Mustaine3. I will give that a try.

The disadvantage for my problem is that cast-iron plasticity only works for isotropic materials. My material is in principle anisotropic. Any ideas for anisotropic materials?

I'm not familiar with these kinds of materials. Check the users manual regarding the available options. If nothing appropriate exists then you could write a UMAT.

Have you tried combined/kinematic hardening (*PLASTIC, HARDENING=COMBINED.. and *CYCLIC HARDENING in ABAQUS old money)?

Agreed, it's mainly for metal plasticity but perhaps worth a try.

You could quickly use a single element model to attempt to fit its behaviour to your test results, particularly if you have reverse loading results.

Just a thought :)

MRG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back